In addition to the service changes mentioned yesterday, the Pinellas Suncoast Transit Authority (PSTA) is also enacting a fare structure change on Sunday, October 11, 2015. Please see below for details.
New PSTA Fare Structure
- Regular One-Way Cash Fare:
- OLD: $2.00
- NEW: $2.25
- Reduced One-Way Cash Fare:
- OLD: $1.00
- NEW: $1.10
- Express Cash Fare:
- NO CHANGE – Currently at $3.00
- NO CHANGES TO THE REDUCED FARE – Currently $1.50
PSTA GO Cards
- 1-Day GO Card:
- OLD: $4.50
- NEW: $5.00
- Reduced will go from $2.25 to $2.50
- 7-Day GO Card:
- OLD: $20.00
- NEW: $25.00
- Reduced category created at $12.50**
- 31-Day GO Card:
- OLD: $65.00
- NEW: $70.00
- Reduced would remain unchanged at $35.00
- PSTA/HART Passport: NO CHANGE – Currently at $85.00
- 20-Ride Premium Fare GO Card (Express Routes ONLY): NO CHANGE – Currently at $48.00 – Valid through 12/31/15 ONLY
- Transportation Disadvantaged 10-Day: NO CHANGE – Currently at $5.00
- Transportation Disadvantaged 31-Day: Fare will go from $8.25 to $11.00
- Reduced Fare now includes adult students, youth 18 and younger as well as people with disabilities and Medicare cardholders.
- **Will be sold as a Platinum Pass until new 7-Day Reduced GO Cards are available.
Preview of the Regional Fares
Additionally, with the regional farebox plan materializing, we are getting our first look at what the regional fares might look like.
Please note that the implementation of the Regional Fare System is dependent on participating agencies receiving required state funding.
- 1-Way Cash Fare: $3.00, with a reduced fare of $1.50.
- 1-Day Category: $6.00.
- 3-Day Category: $18.00.
- 7-Day Category: $30.00.
- 31-Day Category: $85.00.