Policy Updated on 2/16/18.
If this is your first time visiting my website, I want to let you know that you are more than welcome to jump into the discussion – both here and on my social media channels. The purpose of my website, its corresponding blog, and social media channels, is to do just that, have a meaningful discussion on transit. However, like the legalese that I have put forth regarding my website, I also want to make clear that everything that you comment on is moderated, meaning that I – or a moderator – must approve anything and everything that gets commented on. So any comments that I find to be inappropriate or offensive will not be posted on the website.
While most of you should know what to and what not to say here, some still need to be told the specifics. So here’s a few:
- Please be respectful to me, my moderator team, and one another. I know that there will be times where we may have a debate on specific issues, but it is expected of everyone to follow the “Golden Rule” and provide constructive criticism when disagreeing with someone. Recently, I’ve been witnessing people lashing out against one another with personal attacks and insults, as well as those who just want to be plain mean in general. We will not tolerate this kind of behavior.
- Please keep your comments clean – meaning no foul language or sexual content. My site and social media channels can be accessed by anyone, anywhere, anytime, so it is important that we try to keep an atmosphere that is warm and inviting to everyone so that we can interact in harmony.
- Please no solicitation of goods and services. My website, blog, and social media channels are not a “Craigslist”, so please don’t make it a “Craigslist”.
- While I strive to keep a non-partisan/non-political tone on my site, the fact that transportation is being treated as a political football in many countries is very disturbing. Therefore, it can be easy to suddenly get into political discussions on my site and social media channels. However, I urge that everyone please refrain from posting comments or content that show support or opposition to a particular political belief, candidate, or official, as such conversations often go downhill very fast. Bottom line is, transportation should be a non-partisan and non-political matter, period, and I would like to keep this type of tone maintained here.
- To add on, please, no posts or comments endorsing or fundraising for any political candidates. My site is not a place to do those sort of activities. While I’ve made some of my political endorsements known in the past, via my Disclosures page, my personal endorsements does not mean in any way that my website as a whole has made an endorsement.
- I do however, wholeheartedly support independent, non-partisan transportation advocacy groups whose aim is to advocate for better transportation options for everyone – such as the Sunshine Citizens & Pittsburghers for Public Transit.
- And above all, please obey all laws (meaning no copyrighted or offensive material).
Those who choose to repeatedly violate these guidelines are subject to being suspended (or permanently banned) from posting here.
With these rules in mind, please know that I do try to respond to any comments as quickly as I can. But because I do have a day job and other obligations, I may not be able to respond back right away.
I thank you for your understanding & cooperation on these matters.