Please respect me & the Guidebook.
Page was last updated on 12/23/2018.
Welcome to the Legalese Zone of The Global Transit Guidebook by HARTride 2012. Like any other website, there has to be some sort of law and order put out in writing. Otherwise, the door will be wide open for abuse that has zero accountability.
In this area, I will cover several different topics that pertain to my website specifically. While you can read up on my General Website Policies on this page, there are dedicated pages for other matters such as my Photo Use Policy. In recent months, I’ve had to make some major updates to the legal terms of this site because I no longer operate multiple websites, as I was prior to switching my blog over to WordPress. Additionally, my presence on Facebook and Twitter have grown substantially over the past year – and I am using my Instagram account more often as well. I also have a presence on Tumblr, but that gets used sparingly.
General Guidebook Policies are listed below, but you can also scroll through the subsections if you need to read up on specifics pertaining to photo use, social media, or community rules.
The Kudos List has been integrated into the Staff and Contributors Page.
- Photo Use – How you can use my photos.
- Social Media – How you can share content I’ve posted on Facebook. Twitter, etc.
- Community Rules – Rules of Engagement while commenting on my site/blog.
- Special Notices – This page discusses the topic of impostor accounts on social media, & any other related topics.
- Disclosures – Listing any and all contributions that I make to advocacy groups and political campaigns, as well as any other actions that I should list by which can be accessed via public record.
General Guidebook Policies
Throughout this page & its accompanying subsections, The Global Transit Guidebook by HARTride 2012 will be referenced at times as simply “The Guidebook”.
- First and foremost, The Guidebook is not affiliated with any public transit agency or government entity. The Guidebook is an independent, non-revenue generating third party that provides insight on public transit from a unique perspective. Everything written in The Guidebook is from my own personal insight and opinions and does not in any way reflect the opinions and views of any said public transit agency or government entity.
- The primary reason The Guidebook exists is because I’ve been very passionate about public transit for several years now and hope to continue that passion for the years ahead. I’ve also in recent months, taken on an advocacy role in transit – supporting transit expansion and improvements and voicing why more investment is needed in transit.
- From time to time, people may inquire about contributing photos to my site. Likewise, I will seek permission from someone to use their photos on my site. With that said, I must mention that none of the contributors are compensated for their efforts.
- Any transit agency logos that you might see on The Global Transit Guidebook are properties of the respective transit agencies. I use these logos on my website for INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY.
- I DO NOT facilitate contests by which a tangible prize of any kind is given. I feel like I need a lawyer to carry out such things. Therefore, please do not inquire about any contests of such kind. The only contest that is facilitated is a periodic photography contest on my Facebook Group – The Global Transit Guidebook Forum.
- I do try to make the best effort to keep everything updated and accurate at all times. However, I am not responsible for any inaccuracies, typos, etc. that are coming from OFFICIAL sources. If you spot an inaccuracy from a transit agency or other such entity by which I’ve grabbed information from, please notify myself AND that entity right away so that it can be corrected.
- Because The Guidebook is a hobby site, life does get in the way…a lot. There are times that I simply won’t be able to work on a new blog post or update information on a page, and I’ll admit, there are times where I might not post anything for a week or two. I have been working 40+ hour a week shifts since 2010 and I hope that doesn’t change given the state of the economy. There are too many people out there who are unemployed or underemployed. If you are one of these people, I greatly feel your pain and wish you the very, very best in your employment search. Furthermore, personal obligations make things harder in trying to keep up with my site as well. So therefore, the periodic updating of The Guidebook is not guaranteed. I appreciate your understanding and patience in this matter.
- Guidebook Visitors: Like most websites; The Global Transit Guidebook (also referred to hereinafter as “the website”) collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. The website’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how the website’s visitors use its website. From time to time, The Guidebook may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
- The Global Transit Guidebook also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on the website. The website only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below, except that blog commenter IP addresses and email addresses are visible and disclosed to the administrators of the blog where the comment was left.
I thank you for your understanding & cooperation on these matters. If you have any questions, please feel free to drop me a line via the Contact Form.