This post was last updated on 3/31/2020.
While the world has prevailed through past massive health crises such as chickenpox, swine flu, & SARS, the current epidemic with the Coronavirus has been taking hold in a way that prior crises have not. Throughout many parts of the globe; venues are closing, events are being cancelled or postponed, & yes – parts of the global transportation sector have been forced to either significantly alter the way things are done – or shut down entirely.
At this time, all blog posts & social media activities have been suspended until further notice. Additionally, the following changes to the site have been enacted:
- The Spring Break 2020 & AirFest 2020 blog posts have been taken down.
- All Transport sections, with exception to the PSTA section, have been taken offline & will no longer show on the menus.
- The PSTA routes list now contains a link to a table summarizing reduced essential services. A link is also available to the PSTA website, where you can view the temporary updated schedules for the route of your choice.
- Website updates will still occur, but only behind the scenes. My intent is for the next major update to go online once the pandemic has passed.
- The Global Transit Guidebook Facebook Group has been archived until the pandemic has passed, thus the links have been removed from the menus.
In the meantime, please be cautious of the abundance of misinformation out in the media – including on social media outlets. Follow only reliable sources & advice. But above all – please, wash your hands! That’s one of the most simplest things we can do to help slow the spread of communicable illnesses such as this.