Independence Day will be on Thursday, July 4, and as with many holidays, transit services will be limited. Please see the listing below to see what level of service that each transit district will operate.
Normal Weekday-Level Service:
- TECOline Streetcar Line – Note: Operating hours will be adjusted to 12 Noon to 11:00pm to allow customers to use the streetcar line to get to/from the Independence Day fireworks celebration at Channelside Bay Plaza.
- Hampton Roads Transit – All Modes
- HART Local Bus Routes
- PSTA Local Bus Routes
- PSTA Trolleybus Routes*
- MCAT Beach Express and Anna Maria Trolley*
- HART and PSTA Express Bus Routes
- HARTflex Services
- HART’s In-Town Trolleybus Line
- HART MetroRapid Service
- MCAT and SCAT Bus Services (except the MCAT Beach Express and Anna Maria Trolley)
- Any bus route that normally does not operate on a Sunday
*Some trolleybus routes may operate on a schedule other than a Sunday schedule. Please check the transit district’s website for details.
Amendments to this post – 7/1/13 (Please see below):
Customer Service Hours:
In observance of the July 4th holiday on Thursday. All customer service centers for HART and HRT will be closed. PSTA customer service centers will be open on July 4th from 8am to 4pm. All other offices for HART, PSTA, and HRT will be closed.
Telephone customer service will be available during the following hours:
- HART (Tampa): 8am to 5pm – 813-254-4278
- PSTA (St. Pete/Clearwater): 8am to 4:30pm – 727-540-1900
- HRT (Norfolk): 9am to 4pm – 757-222-6100
Ticket Vending Machines (TVMs) are available at select locations throughout the HART and HRT service area. Please contact your respective transit district for further details.
*Also note that HART on Franklin Customer Service Center will also be closed on Friday, July 5.
As always, if you see something here that is incorrect, please let me know.