CORRECTION: These changes actually took effect June 2, 2013. I had incorrectly stated the date at July 2, 2013. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and would like to thank the PSTA staff for bringing this matter to my attention.
The Pinellas Suncoast Transit Authority (PSTA) had its summer, 2012 service change (or “mark-up”) cycle take effect on June 2, 2013. These changes included two fixed bus routes, and three FLEX (or Connector) services. All of these changes were aimed at improving efficiency along these routes and eliminating under-performing segments and trips.
- Route 52: Downtown Clearwater/Downtown St. Pete: Segment to Imperial Palms was eliminated and service to Avalon Ave/150th Ave N/62nd St N was reduced (please see revised schedule booklet for trips that will/will not serve this segment). Timepoints were adjusted along the entire route to improve efficiency.
- Route 60: Downtown Clearwater/McMullen Booth Rd via Gulf-to-Bay Blvd: Keene Rd timepoint was removed, and remaining timepoints were adjusted to improve efficiency. Service between the Clearwater Mall and McMullen Booth Rd was reduced, with only selected trips running the entire route (please see revised schedule booklet for trips that will/will not serve this segment).
- East Lake Connector: Saturday service was eliminated due to limited ridership.
- Countryside/Oldsmar/Northwest Tampa Connector: Route modified to serve Westfield Countryside Mall. Additional PM trip added for both directions.
- Dunedin/Palm Harbor Connector: Fixed route no longer serves the St. Mark Assisted Living Center. However, deviations may still be scheduled.
For additional information regarding these changes, please contact the PSTA InfoLine at (727)-540-1900.