As I mentioned in earlier posts, HART implemented its Fall, 2012 service changes and fare increases on Sunday, November 11, 2012.
Below is a brief summary of the changes:
- Route 28X will be kept due to a lot of opposition against eliminating the route altogether. However; the number of trips will be only one per day in each direction.
- Saturday service on Brandon Flex will end due to low ridership. However; HART has modified the existing weekday service to follow a fixed route and expand its current service zone.
- Express Route 50X will be immersed into Limited Express Route 61LX to improve efficiency.
- Local Routes 30, 34, and 39 will have additional buses added on weekdays to restore 30 minute frequency. These routes have been severely lagging behind due to increased passengers using transit.
- Route 37 will remain unchanged
- Holiday services on Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Labor Day will change to Sunday-level, to unify the holiday schedule throughout the year. PSTA already utilizes a Sunday-level schedule on all major holidays.
- To review all of the fare changes; click here.
Even though today (Monday) is being observed by many schools, government offices, banks, etc. as Veterans Day (since Veterans Day fell on a Sunday this year); all bay area transit agencies will operate a normal weekday schedule today.