Memorial Day will be on May 26, 2014, and as with many holidays, transit services will be limited. Please see the listing below to see what level of service that each transit district will operate.
Normal Weekday-Level Service:
- TECOline Streetcar Line (Tampa)
- WATA (Williamsburg)
- HRT – All Modes (Norfolk/Hampton)
- HART Local Bus Routes (Hillsborough County)
- PSTA Local Bus Routes (Pinellas County)
- PSTA Trolleybus Routes*
- PSTA Connector Routes
- MCAT Beach Express and Anna Maria Trolley* (Manatee County)
- LYNX Bus Services (Orlando Metro Area)
- HART and PSTA Express Bus Routes
- HART Flex (All Zones)
- HART MetroRapid (BRT)
- MCAT (Manatee County) and SCAT (Sarasota County) Bus Services (except the MCAT Beach Express and Anna Maria Trolley)
- PCPT (Pasco County)
- Hernando THE Bus (Hernando County)
- Polk County transit services (Citrus Connection Lakeland and Winter Haven Area Transit)
- Any bus route that normally does not operate on a Sunday
- SunRail services (Orlando Metro Area)
*Some trolleybus routes may operate on a schedule other than a Sunday schedule. Please check the transit district’s website for details.
Unless otherwise mentioned; HART, PSTA, and HRT Telephone Customer Service and Customer Service Centers will be open, but may be operating on holiday hours. Please contact your respective transit district for detailed information.
UPDATE: LYNX (Orlando) customer service will be CLOSED on Memorial Day. All HART ticketing offices (Marion, Franklin, UATC) will also be CLOSED.
Many agency offices will also be closed on Memorial Day.
Ticket Vending Machines (TVMs)
TVMs are available throughout the following locations for customer convenience.
- HART (Tampa, FL): All major transit centers.
- HRT (Norfolk/Hampton, VA): Along the Tide LRT corridor in Norfolk, as well as at HRT transit centers, the High St Ferry station, and at select (summer) locations along the Virginia Beach Oceanfront.
For New York City MTA customers, please check MTA.info for any service modifications, route detours, and other customer information.
Normal transit services will resume on Tuesday, May 27, 2014.
All information in this post have been compiled from the websites and social media channels of the respective transit agencies listed above. Ultimately, the agencies themselves are responsible for the accuracy of information that I’ve gathered. However, if you notice something that I’ve written that doesn’t match what the agency has posted (mistakes do happen, we’re all human), please let me know right away so that I can correct the information. Thank you.