Note: Information for the NYC MTA, PATH, Chicago CTA, and Pace have been added.
Memorial Day will be on Monday, May 29, 2017. Memorial Day gives us here in the United States a chance to reflect on the hardworking service of our military members, especially those who have lost their lives while fighting to protect our country’s freedoms.
Like most Federal Holidays, most transit agencies will be running limited services, with some agencies not running services at all. If you plan on using transit on Memorial Day, please plan your day accordingly…and in ahead, as customer service lines may be closed.
Some trolleybus routes (Pinellas County) may operate on a schedule other than a Sunday schedule. Please check the transit district’s website for details.
PACE Website (Chicago area suburban bus services)
Metra Website (Chicago area Commuter Rail services)
Virginia Beach WAVE Service is currently in operation.
Ticket Vending Machines (TVMs) are available throughout the following locations for customer convenience.
- HART (Tampa, FL): All major transit centers.
- HRT (Norfolk/Hampton, VA): Along the Tide LRT corridor in Norfolk, as well as at HRT transit centers, the High St Ferry station, and at select (summer) locations along the Virginia Beach Oceanfront.
- NYC MTA: Various locations throughout the region.
- PATH: Most subway stations.
- Chicago CTA & Pace Bus: Various locations throughout the region via Ventra.
Normal Transit Service Resumption:
Regular weekday transit services will resume on Tuesday, May 30, 2015.
All information in this post have been compiled from the websites and social media channels of the respective transit agencies listed above. Ultimately, the agencies themselves are responsible for the accuracy of information that I’ve gathered. However, if you notice something that I’ve written that doesn’t match what the agency has posted (mistakes do happen, we’re all human), please let me know right away so that I can correct the information. Thank you.