This post is coming a bit late because I only found out about these changes today. However, it’s always better late than never; so here goes with Hampton Roads Transit (HRT)’s upcoming service change/markup cycle, which will go into effect on Sunday, November 24, 2013.
Most of these changes will comprise of running time changes in order to improve efficiency. These changes will affect Routes 1, 2, 5, 6, 11, 12, 13, 20, 23, and 58 in the Southside region (Norfolk, VA Beach, Portsmouth, Chesapeake). There are currently no changes planned for the Northside region (Newport News, Hampton).
- Route 1 – Downtown Norfolk/Pembroke East via Granby St: Running time changes.
- Route 2 – Hampton Blvd/Naval Station Norfolk: Running time changes. Schedules now indicate which bus stops are not served during the weekday evening rush hours.
- Route 5 – Willoughby: Running time changes. Schedules now distinguish between weekday and Saturday timetables.
- Routes 6, 12, 13, and 58: The timepoint at 20th St and Seaboard Ave will change to Seaboard Ave and Liberty St.
- Route 11 – Colonial Ave: The 5:39 pm trip departing Downtown Norfolk Transit Center (DNTC) on weekdays will change to 5:42 pm.
- Route 20 – Virginia Beach Blvd: Running time changes.
- Route 23 – Princess Anne Rd: Running time changes.
To view the new schedules; click here. Please keep in mind that once the service changes take effect, that you will be able to access the new schedules through the regular schedule links on gohrt.com
2 thoughts on “HRT’s November 24, 2013 service changes”
Reblogged this on Gary3536's Blog.