Labor Day 2019 Holiday Transit Schedule
Be aware of limited transit service.
Monday, September 2, 2018 is Labor Day and many transit agencies will be running limited service, with some agencies not operating at all. As always, please see the listing below to see what level of service that each transit district will operate.
Below are the normal Labor Day service levels for Florida.
Please keep in mind that Dorian may affect service this weekend, especially on the east coast. Please monitor local news reports for the latest. You can also read my blog post on Dorian, as updates will be made in respects to transit service suspensions & restorations.
- Weekday-Level Service
- TECOline Streetcar (Tampa)
- Saturday-Level Service
- SCAT (Space Coast/Brevard County)
- Sunday-Level Service
- HART (Tampa)
- PSTA (St. Pete/Clearwater)
- LYNX (Orlando)
- Routes 416 & 427 will not operate, as they are funded by Citrus Connection (Polk County)
- BCT (Broward County)
- DTPW (Miami-Dade County)
- Key West
- JTA (Jacksonville)
- StarMetro (Tallahassee)
- Special Schedule
- Votran (Daytona Beach)
- Routes 1, 3, 4, 10, 15, & 17 will operate a Sunday schedule.
- Routes 20, 21, 23, 40, & 41 will operate special reduced schedules (visit website for details)
- Other routes will not operate.
- RTS (Gainesville)
- No Service
- SunRail (Orlando)
- Citrus Connection (Lakeland/Winter Haven)
- SCAT (Sarasota)
- MCAT (Bradenton)
- Beach Express & Anna Maria Trolley routes will operate.
- PCPT (Pasco County)
- Hernando THEbus (Hernando County)
- Citrus County Transit
- MARTY (Martin County)
- Palm Tran (Palm Beach County)
- CAT (Collier County)
- ECAT (Escambia County)
Mid-Atlantic US, The Carolinas, & Georgia
- CAT (Savannah, GA): Special Holiday, visit website for details.
- MARTA (Atlanta, GA): Sunday
- Augusta, GA: No Service
- CARTA (Charleston, SC): Sunday
- PDRTA (Florence, SC): No Service, except routes going to Myrtle Beach
- Coast RTA (Myrtle Beach, SC): Contact Agency
- CATS (Charlotte, NC): Contact Agency
- Go Raleigh (Raleigh, NC): Sunday
- Go Durham (Durham, NC): Sunday
- HRT (Norfolk/Hampton, VA): Saturday
- WATA (Williamsburg, VA): Saturday
- GRTC (Richmond, VA): Sunday
- WMATA (Washington, DC): Weekday
- MTA New York (Bus & Subway): Sunday
- PATH (NY/NJ): Weekend
- Hudson-Bergen Light Rail (NJ): Weekend
- Newark Light Rail (NJ): Sunday
- MTA Commuter Rail, NJT Bus & Rail Services: Varies
- MBTA (Boston, MA): Sunday (Ferry line F1 will not run)
- PVTA (Pioneer Valley, MA): Sunday
- FRTA (Franklin County, MA): No Service
- MVRTA (Merrimack Valley, MA): No Service
- LRTA (Lowell, MA): No Service
- CCRTA (Cape Cod, MA): Normal service, except flex & hospital trips – which will not operate.
- Portland, ME Metro: No Service
- South Portland, ME: No Service
- Bangor, ME Community Connector: No Service
- CityLink (Lewiston, ME): No Service
- Chicago CTA: Sunday
- Pace Bus: Sunday
- Metra: Varies
- Corpus Christi RTA (Corpus Christi, TX): Sunday
- Capital Metro Austin (Austin, TX): Sunday, No MetroRail, UT Service, Night Owl, E-Bus or MetroExpress services.
Normal Transit Service Resumption
With the exception of those transit agencies that will be directly impacted by Hurricane Dorian, normal transit services will resume on Tuesday, September 3, 2019. For impacted agencies, please follow local media outlets.
While I’ve done my best to ensure accuracy, the listed information ultimately comes from the transit agencies themselves. If you spot an error, please let me know as soon as possible so that I can correct it.
Please be sure to bookmark my website: globaltransitguidebook.com | Contact Me.
You can also find me on Social Media: Facebook | Twitter | YouTube
Legalese | Disclosures