Post was updated on 1/14/18.
Posted various updates in service levels and added additional agencies.
Monday, January 16, 2017 is Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day, where we take a moment to celebrate the life and achievements of the famed Civil Rights leader. Unlike most Federal holidays, where transit services are typically limited to weekend-level services, most transit districts tend to operate on a typical weekday schedule on MLK Day. Some districts however may operate on a Saturday schedule or not operate at all.
Holiday Service Levels
Updates: JTA will operate Saturday service for buses, Regular service for the Skyway (People Mover) & ferry.
PSTA has announced that they will operate Weekday service. An earlier social media post had incorrectly stated Sunday service.
Virginia Regional Transit has announced that they will not operate transit service in Suffolk.
- Florida agencies not listed above
- Space Coast: Saturday.
- Lake Xpress: No Service.
- Gainesville RTS: Holiday Schedule .
- Chicago CTA: Weekday.
- Pace Bus: Unknown, please contact the agency.
- Greater Portland Metro: Normal/Weekday.
- Bangor Area Community Connector: Normal/Weekday.
- MBTA: Saturday for buses & subway, Weekday for the Sliver Line BRT, ferry, commuter rail, and paratransit.
- LRTA: Saturday.
- PVTA: Sunday.
- WRTA: Saturday, except Routes 29, 33, & 42, which will operate weekday service.
- Cape Cod: No Service.
- Springfield/Northampton/UMass: Sunday.
- Greenfield, & Haverhill: No Service.
- New York City Metro Region & New Jersey Transit (NJT)
- MTA NYCT: Weekday (exceptions may apply, please contact the agency for details).
- PATH: Weekend.
- NICE Bus: Weekday.
- Hudson-Bergen Light Rail: Weekend/Holiday.
- Newark, NJ Light Rail: Weekend/Holiday.
- River Line Light Rail: Sunday
- Please note that NJT bus and NJT regional commuter rail service, as well as MTA regional commuter rail service schedules may vary. Please contact your respective agency for further info.
- Green Mountain Transit: Normal/Weekday.
- Marble Valley RTD: Normal/Weekday.
- SEVT: Normal/Weekday (no service on Routes M8 & M11).
- Advance Transit: Normal/Weekday.
- HRT: Saturday (Weekday for Ferry service).
- WATA: Saturday.
- VRT Suffolk: Weekday.
Normal Service Resumption
All normal (weekday) transit services will resume on Tuesday, January 16, 2018. Please keep in mind that transit agency administrative offices may be closed this day to observe the New Year’s holiday.