2018 is fast approaching, and I know many are carefully planning their weekend so as to not become stranded if they use transit.
On New Year’s Eve (Sunday, December 31, 2017), many transit agencies are offering extended service with more trains and buses and greater frequency in some cases. Some agencies are even offering FREE rides across all transit modes and routes (with exception to Paratransit and ride-hail “Link” services).
On New Year’s Day (Monday, January 1, 2018), most agencies will be operating limited to no service. Please be sure to contact your respective agency for trip planning inquiries and to get information on any service exceptions. Please note that if your particular transit agency does not normally operate on weekends or does not have a special holiday schedule in place, there may be no service provided.
As always, please be sure to have your fare ready before boarding the bus or train, and arrive at the station/stop on time. Also be aware of anything that seems out of place and report any suspicious activities or packages to a transit employee or law enforcement. Enjoy your transit journey!
New Year’s Eve Service Schedule
- Schedule Timetables for Late-Night NYE Service: Please refer to the normal route timetables for daytime service.
- CTA Bus Alerts: Scroll down to the bus route that you wish to view.
- CTA Elevated Rail Alerts: Scroll down to the rail line that you wish to view.
New Year’s Day Service Schedule
- Special SunRail Service for New Year’s Day (Citrus Bowl): Regular fares for SunRail apply. You can park your car at any of the following Park-N-Ride Lots at no charge: Sand Lake Rd, Maitland, Altamonte Springs, Longwood, Lake Mary, Sanford, & DeBary.
- Votran Holiday Schedules: On the schedules page, select the route you wish to view. For Routes 1, 3, 4, 10, 15, & 17, scroll down to the Sunday Service area of the timetable. For Routes 20, 21, 23, 40, & 41, scroll down to the Holiday Service area of the timetable.
Normal Service Resumption
All normal (weekday) transit services will resume on Tuesday, January 2, 2018. Please keep in mind that transit agency administrative offices may be closed this day to observe the New Year’s holiday.