Veterans Day will be on Tuesday, November 11, 2013. Unlike most Federal holidays, where transit services are typically limited to weekend-level services, most transit districts tend to operate on a typical weekday schedule on Veterans Day, with some districts operating weekday services with modifications.
One exception is HART, which typically runs Saturday-level local bus services on Veterans Day. HART will not run express bus services, MetroRapid, and most HARTflex routes (with the exception of the Northdale route).
Holiday Transit Service Scope
Please view the listing below to see what schedule your area’s transit district will be operating on Veterans Day.
Normal Weekday-Level Service:
- TECOline Streetcar Line
- PSTA Local, Express, and Trolleybus Routes
- Hampton Roads Transit – All Modes (see exceptions under the No Service section).
- MCAT and SCAT bus services
- LYNX Orlando Metro Area bus services (see exceptions under the No Service section).
- Orlando SunRail
- HART Local Bus Routes
- HART Flex Northdale Service
- HART Express Routes
- HART MetroRapid
- HART Flex (except HART Flex Northdale)
- HRT Express Routes 918, 919, 922, and 965
- Northern Tampa Bay Transit Districts (Pasco, Hernando, and Citrus Counties)
- Polk Transit Services (Lakeland and Winter Haven)
- LYNX Intercounty Routes 416 and 427 (to Polk County).
Veterans and Active Duty Military can ride on the following transit modes for FREE on Veterans Day!
Yes, you heard right, the following transit agencies are allowing active duty military, as well as retired military members, to us their systems for FREE with a valid military or veteran ID. Please contact your respective transit district for further details.
- HART (excludes the TECOline Streetcar and Paratransit services)
- PSTA (excludes DART/Paratransit services)
Please let me know if there is any agency that I missed.
If you have any questions regarding holiday transit services, please contact your respective transit district for details. Customer service centers will be open normal hours (unless otherwise specified by the transit district). HART will follow the Holiday Customer Service schedule (8:00am until 5:00pm)