Labor Day will be on Monday, September 1, 2013, and as with many holidays, transit services will be limited. Please see the listing below to see what level of service that each transit district will operate.
Labor Day 2014 Holiday Transit Schedule by Service Level
Normal Weekday-Level Service:
- TECOline Streetcar Line (Tampa, FL)
- HRT (Norfolk, VA) – All Modes
- HART (Tampa, FL) Local Bus Routes
- PSTA (St. Pete/Clearwater, FL) Local Bus Routes
- PSTA Trolleybus Routes
- MCAT (Bradenton, FL) Beach Express and Anna Maria Trolley*
- LYNX (Orlando, FL) Bus Routes
- HART and PSTA Express Bus Routes
- HART Flex Services
- HART’s In-Town Trolleybus Line
- HART MetroRapid Service
- MCAT and SCAT (Sarasota, FL) Bus Services (except the MCAT Beach Express and Anna Maria Trolley)
- Northern Tampa Bay transit services: PCPT, Hernando THEbus, Citrus County Transit
- Orlando SunRail
- Any bus route that normally does not operate on a Sunday
*Some trolleybus routes may operate on a schedule other than a Sunday schedule. Please check the transit district’s website for details.
HRT’s Virginia Beach WAVE & Ferry Services
From Labor Day, through September 30, the Virginia Beach WAVE shuttle service will be winding down for the year.
- The last day for Route 31/32 services is Sunday, August 31, 2014. Route 30 frequency will reduce to every 20 minutes through September 30.
- After September 30, all VB WAVE services will come to an end for 2014. VB WAVE Route 30 service wil resume in early May, 2015, followed by Routes 31/32 later in the month.
Also, the Elizabeth River Ferry will shift to its “Winter” service schedule, which means no enhanced afternoon peak services. More info can be found on gohrt.com.
Customer Service Hours
In observance of the Labor Day holiday. All customer service centers for HART and HRT will be closed. PSTA customer service centers will be open on September 1 from 8am to 4pm. All other offices for HART, PSTA, and HRT will be closed.
Telephone customer service will be available during the following hours:
- HART (Tampa): 8am to 5pm – 813-254-4278
- PSTA (St. Pete/Clearwater): 8am to 4:30pm – 727-540-1900
- HRT (Norfolk): 9am to 4pm – 757-222-6100
Ticket Vending Machines (TVMs) are available at select locations throughout the HART and HRT service area. Please contact your respective transit district for further details.
As always, if you see something here that is incorrect, please let me know.