Page Updated On 6/18/17
Changes made to reflect the new PSTA website and instructions to summon an Uber vehicle.
Getting to and from the bus stop can be a challenge – especially if the stop is quite a distance away from your home, school, or place of employment. While many don’t mind walking or biking to and from the stop, there are circumstances (such as weather) where you probably won’t want to do that. And what about those who aren’t physically able to get to the bus stop? Those individuals are among many who decide that transit isn’t the way to go because they can’t find ways to get from their originating point to the bus stop and/or from the bus stop to their final destination. This is often times known as the “First-Mile, Last-Mile” gap, and it has long been a problem with many transit agencies.
In 2015, PSTA came up with an innovative solution to this problem called Direct Connect. Direct Connect allows riders to summon a taxi or rideshare vehicle for as low as $1.00 (regular bus fare is NOT INCLUDED). Participating partners include Uber, United Taxi, and Wheelchair Transport. Plans are also in the works for Lyft to join at a later date. To use the Direct Connect service, simply select the service partner you wish to use, then call or visit the partner’s website or app to make your reservation. You will need to make sure that you mention or enter the PSTA promotion code to receive the Direct Connect discount on your trip. Also, your origin or destination must be a designated PSTA stop within one of eight zones within Pinellas County.
Current Service Providers
- Download the Uber App from the AppStore (Apple) or Google Play Store (Android)
- Set up your Uber account (first-time users)
- Enter your origin and destination (one of which must be a PSTA Direct Connect Stop)
- Select the “PSTA” option from the list of services available
- Summon your Uber vehicle
- United Taxi
- Call (727)-777-777, or
- Download the United Taxi App
- Wheelchair Transport
- Call (727)-586-2811, or
- Visit wheelchairtransport.com
Lyft will be joining at a later date
- North Pinellas/Tarpon Springs: Huey Ave & Lemon St E
- Oldsmar/Countryside: Tampa Rd & Pine Ave N
- Dunedin/Clearwater: Main St & Patricia Ave
- Gateway North/Largo East: PSTA 34th St Transfer Center
- Gateway South/Pinellas Park: PSTA Pinellas Park Transit Center
- Seminole/Bay Pines: Seminole Blvd & Orange Blossom Ln
- South Pinellas/St. Petersburg: 16th St S & 18th Ave S
- Indian Rocks/Largo West: E Bay Dr & Missouri Ave N
For complete instructions on how to summon your Direct Connect ride, zones/stops, and current incentives for using the service (yes, you may be able to get a FREE one-day bus pass for using Direct Connect), please visit PSTA’s website or call (727)-540-1900.