Sarasota County Area Transit (SCAT) will be enacting service changes during the weekend of April 15 and 16. These changes will affect more than half of the SCAT system. Schedules will be posted to the SCAT website soon, and printed schedules will be available on or after April 10, 2017.
- Route 1: Buses will remain on Apex/Coburn east of I-75 and will no longer travel on E. Sawgrass Rd.
- Route 1 Sunday: Route will be reconfigured around Cattlemen Transfer Center. Buses will enter the station via Cattlemen Rd/Bahia Vista
- Route 2: Routing will be reconfigured around SRQ Airport.
- Routes 5 and 6: Minor time point adjustments will be enacted to improve efficiency.
- Route 7: The 5:10AM trip will no longer enter Newtown Estates
- Route 9: Route will extend to Toledo Blade, North Port Emergency Clinic, Shannon Staub Public Library, and Suncoast Technical College. The 5:05AM trip to Venice will be eliminated.
- Routes 10 and 10 Sunday: Due to the launch of the Siesta Key Breeze trolley, the 10 will be eliminated. Route 11 will continue service into Siesta Key and will see no changes.
- Route 13: Frequency will reduce to every 2 hours between Venice Train Depot to Venice Island and will remain on US 41 Business. New Route 23 will serve Venice Island.
- Routes 14 and 14 Sunday: Minor scheduling adjustments will be made to improve efficiency. A late-evening partial trip will also be added.
- Route 15: Route will be reconfigured from the Sarasota Pavilion Transfer Center; via Gateway and Stickney Pt. Rd and also around SRQ Airport.
- Route 16: Frequency will reduce to every 2 hours. The segment on East Dearborn St./Pine St will be eliminated. Buses will instead travel to Englewood Hospital from S.R. 776, McCall Rd., and Pine St. via Merchants Crossing Shopping Plaza.
- Routes 18 and 18 Sunday (and the MCAT Longboat Key Trolley): Due to the launch of the new MCAT-operated Longboat Key Shuttle, the existing Longboat Key Trolley service will be eliminated. Please visit the MCAT website to learn more about the new reservation-based shuttle service. SCAT will continue to operate a revised Route 18 that will terminate at Bay Isles.
- Route 23 (NEW): Venice Circulator: This route will operate as a one-way loop from Venice Train Depot to Venice Beach, Venice Community Center, Venice Shopping Plaza on Golf Dr. and Guild St. before returning to the Venice Train Depot.
- Route 26 (NEW): Englewood Beaches: This route will travel from Englewood Hospital to Old Englewood Village on West Dearborn St. via Englewood Beach.
- Route 28: Route will end at North Port City Hall. Riders traveling to East Price Blvd. and Toledo Blade Blvd. should transfer at North Port City Hall Park and Ride.
- Route 30: Route will be reconfigured around SRQ Airport, and the last trip at 10:25 p.m. from UTC to Lakewood Ranch will be eliminated.
- Seasonal Route 33: Route will be discontinued for season and service will resume in November 2017.
- Route 99: The final trip from SRQ Airport to Downtown Sarasota, will be adjusted to depart at 10:25pm instead of 10:00pm to allow for connections from the last Route 30 trip from the University Town Center (UTC) area.
- Route 215 Sunday: Route will be reconfigured around SRQ Airport.
- Route 1713 Sunday: Time points will be adjusted on the last trip of the evening.
- Route 100X: Route will be revised to only operate Monday through Friday (due to ultra low Saturday ridership). Service to the Laurel Industrial Center will be reduced to only a select couple of trips.
The SCAT Transit Routes Page on the Global Transit Guidebook will be updated soon.